I love being involved with other writers' work and am happy to discuss your editing needs with you- creative, professional or academic. I've outlined my qualifications, experiences and services/fees below. Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com with any queries.
- Bsc Speech and Language Therapy 1989 (University of Wales, Cardiff)
- Masters in Education 1999 (University of Wales, Bangor)
- Supporting adults, children and young people with oral and written speech, language and communication needs.
- Teaching/supporting students with oral and written language skills in educational settings (including ESL).
- Proofing and editing school-age students' written assignments.
- Proofing and editing undergraduate, masters and doctorate theses.
- Writing, revising, proofing and editing fiction and non-fiction manuscripts.
- Document / curricula writing, editing and proofing.
- Writing and reviewing book proposals.
Services and fees:
Proofreading C$2 per page (250 words)
(24 hours C$5 per page)
Copy-editing (includes proof-reading) C$5 per page (250 words)
(24 hours C$8 per page)
- Structural coherence (chapter arcs and links between paragraphs)
- Logic and grammar (subject-verb agreement; pronoun referents; tense agreement; run-on and fragmented sentences; weak verb usage; over-use of adjectives and adverbs; inconsistencies in voice and style; continuity etc.)
- Additional/alternative content and deletion suggestions
Prices are based on proofing/editing essays, articles and short stories (10,000 words or less).
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for an estimate re. longer pieces of work.